Sunday, September 02, 2007

Busy busy busy

I think this week has been the busiest one of my life!!! I am working full time while going to school full time. This was also supposed to be my weekend off and the boss really needed someone to fill in for a girl with mono. I felt really bad for him because he has a young family and if I did not work he would have had to come in and not see his family much this weekend. So I figured I could use the extra money and work with my favorite old people.

Seriously.. it makes my day to see some of the residents in the nursing home. Here are some funny stories of yesterday
I asked this one lady ( who is usually grumpy) how her day was going and she responded in a gruff voice "Terrible." So I asked her why and how I could help her. She just could not find her seat in the dinning room!! So I found her seat for her and cheered her up and she actually was really fun for the rest of the night!

My other favorite, the other really grumpy one, is starting to like me too! Now when she sees me she smiles more at me and I think she is remembering me more!


I also went to a short family reunion with Diane. I was SO happy that my favorite great aunt Emma was still alive! She is 95 and crazy as usual. We were planning her escape from the nursing home to her home in Lester ( which her family sold 5 years ago and she does not even know!) She always offers for me to live with her ( even in the nursing home!!)
It was fun seeing all my relatives again!

Here is a picture from my phone of my great aunt Emma, ( I unfortunately forgot my camera :() But I also did get a new phone and a new phone number! So if anyone wants to get a hold of me don't call my old phone because you will get Diane!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture of Aunt Emma. She makes getting old look like fun. :) I am glad that you and Diane were able to drop by the short version of a Feucht reunion. LOVE, MOM

Anonymous said...

I bet you're a breath of fresh air to those older people in the home. Sounds like they're blessed to have you working there! Jan F.