Saturday, September 29, 2007

I should be sleeping

During the nights that I work, it often gets rather lonely. I from 4-7 I work all by myself and sometimes the meals take only a few mins to prepare. So then I find my self scrubbing counters that I already scrubbed several times and the like... but also thinking a lot. ( which may not be good if I think too much!!) However a couple days ago this song came on the radio and I just connected with it. It is by Lonestar and is titles "Mountains"

The chorus goes:

There are times in life when you gotta crawl,
Lose your grip, trip an' fall
When you can't lean on no-one else:
That's when you find yourself
I've been around an' I've noticed that,
Walkin's easier when the road is flat
Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb
I just love this song now.. I dunno.. if you ever get the chance to listen to it you should.. here is a link for the video http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZEQYN1DC220

This is the question of the day: .... If you have the brains of a genius however you liked doing something simple.. like painting houses.. will you be disobeying God by not using your gifts ( like instead being a business man or something) and not using your gifts to their full potential? Is it selfish to keep being a painter just because that is what you enjoy? ( This is not to ditch those painters who may read this:S )


Anyways, tomorrow I am going to Sioux falls with some friends to go shopping and to visit my friend Bryan Burgers. It should be a good time and I am really excited!! Then also my good friend Cody Ellens is in town so I got to hang out with him tonight. Good times :)

Oh ya .. thanks mom and dad for the cookies/rice krispie treats! Don't worry .. I have been sharing them with everyone!!

I should really go to bed... hopefully I do not get up in the morning and read this, finding out it does not make sense at all!!

0 comments: