Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Long Weekend Fun

Wow, this long weekend has been nice! The weather here has not been the greatest.. but I am surviving. (For all you in Iowa, expect to see a very white Rachel when you see me next!)

A couple neat things happened this weekend!
1. Bought my plane ticket back to IOWA!!! I will be going back on the 17th, ( of July) later at night (thank you to Josh for offering to go past his bed time to come get me!!) I am really excited to get to spend more time at home, but I am also very excited to get back to my hunny:D (and of course everyone else back there!) I decided that it would be easier to go back after Jill's wedding ( in July) to save money and to gain money while I am still here. It would have cost me a whole $400 more to fly back from Iowa to the wedding.. so this way I have an extra $400 for something else!!

2. I went to my old science teacher's retirement party. It was pretty neat to see a lot of my old classmates again, but it was also really awkward. I remember four years ago when I graduated from high school, I was practically best friends with everyone ( only 21 people in my class ;) ) and I really thought that I was not going to find better friends than them. However, now when I see them again, I realize how different we all are and how we don't have much in common anymore. Its alright, I still have a couple friends in that class. and even better friends that I met at Dordt!

3. Got to play with my nephews for a long while on Friday and Saturday! Now that I am working I don't get to see them too much. So when I do see them, it a nice treat for me! On Saturday, my sister and brother in law are going to Hawaii so Diane and I are going to get to stay at their house and be their parents! I can't wait.. this will be fun!

4. Went to Portland to go see my dads old church and a bunch of relatives that I never met (or remember meeting) that went to that church. We also were able to see my grandma, my aunt, uncle, and cousins, and my cousin's new baby, Blake.. who was born only a week ago! It was nice to see my grandma again... It's sad because her memory is fading fast.. however.. she is still quite entertaining.. She still has the spunk that we remember her having. It was good to see my aunt, uncle, and cousins because we don't often get to go down and see them. It was very fun to hold the newest Feucht relative.. Blake! He is a very cute baby!

This weekend Josh’s brother, Orey, graduated from high school! Congrats Orey (if you read this!) His mom sent some pictures and it made me miss Josh even more! I will just post them.. I hope he does not mind (even though I was not there!)





Sorry, but I do have a very handsome guy :) He is not only handsome but he is the sweetest guy too! Boy I am a lucky girl!


Well.. now it is back to work again! I got my first paycheck today, so that was exciting!! I am saving up to get a bed and furniture for my future apartment wherever that may be!

Hope you all are doing well and had a great 3 day weekend!!

0 comments: