Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It is finished!

I can't believe it. I am DONE! Well, not all the way done with school, but I am done with DORDT!

It is very bittersweet. Dordt has been my home for 4 years, the place where I have grown to be the person I am now. God has blessed me greatly as I have been tried and tested and molded into the girl I am. I am SO thankful for the friends I have made and how they have all helped me and encouraged me through the years.

Here Is a little run through, with a some pictures starting from Freshman year!
FRESHMAN- I came to Dordt, not knowing anyone, but eager to make lots of new friends. I also had too much energy and probably was known as that crazy freshman girl who would not shut up!!!!!

Here is my dad and me on my first day at Dordt:



Then my first (AND LAST) roommates at Dordt
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5064588970092077698" />

My friend Hope who was more hyper than me.. and we were best friends.. I tell you .. it was a little too crazy



This was my friends at the corn maze



I had my first farm experience on Hope's farm in Wisconsin



I learned how to ice skate (note the bruises!!)




Second semester I branched out a little and found my roommates for the next year:



And started the pipe smoking club




And with that year comes a lot of other embarrassing pictures that I am going to spare you from seeing!

Sophomore year: Lived in West Hall again.. became more serious about school, switched majors from Special Ed. to Pre physical therapy and calmed down a bit. I made many different friends after all my other ones dropped out!!! One of the most exciting things of this year was that I became an aunt to my little nephew Patrick Thomas!

Patrick only a couple days old ( WOW has he changed!)


For some reason I lost most pictures for this year too... but here are a couple from the end of the year that year:






That summer Diane and I traveled to Germany for two months and had one of best experiences of our lives. We started off knowing no German whatsoever, but then we learned quickly in our German language school. We then were able to meet many people from around he world, which was an exciting experience.

This is a picture of many of the people on our Germany trip:

This is most of my german class, the one guy with the pony tail being my teacher:

This was most of my german class, the first on the right was my teacher



Then came junior year. It was a lot nicer because many of the under classmen restrictions, like open hours, were gone!! I roomed with 2 of my original freshman roommates. It was a really good year..


All of us going to a hockey game in Lincoln because we loved hockey so much!!


WE went to visit Jessica's family in Wisconsin for Tri state:


Went Car hooding for the first time :



Went to Pam’s house in Ontario for Thanksgiving-- this is her sister and nephew Tyler




I went to Texas to visit my aunt, uncle, and cousins for spring break, which was SO much fun!

Under the water in the pool:


My first time to a driving range ( Josh would have been proud!)


My aunt and I



WE also got to go to Six Flags ! ( scary roller coaster in the background)



Then that summer, I lived with 5 of my best girl friends and worked at Dordt. It was one of the BEST times of my life!
WE:

sat by the pool all day:


Got to ride in boats a lot, kinda learn how to wakeboard/ water ski!



And had just some fun times with my girls:



We all smoked hookah a lot so that we could spend time together.. but I also started hanging around this Josh Fey guy... who will come up later in the year!



On July 24th I had yet ANOTHER nephew, Samuel Jacob was born!





Then came the last year.:( We got to live in the nicest of all apartment complexes at Dordt, so we were very happy. This was a very good year for three reasons: 1. I became a lot closer with many of my friends 2. I realized how much I have grown in character and I have learned to trust God more to guide my life. 3. Of course, I started dating Josh :)


I had some formal hookah parties:





Went to Emo, Ontario to my friend's cabin for Tri State:




Went to Thunder Bay Ontario for Thanksgiving to Judy's house, where we made gouda cheese!





Then, to top off the ultimate college experience: Josh and I started to date!


He came to my house for spring break and met my family and nephews!




We also have been able to hang out with Josh's little nephew Caleb, who is now 3 and a half months!
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5064946536970281202" />

Also this year two of my good friends got engaged in the same week! (the middle girl is not really engaged!)




We got end of the year pictures with the girls so that we could remember each other :



And we all finally graduated:






Now we have all graduated and are done with Dordt.. I look back on these years and see how blessed I am to have great friends, parents, and now a great boyfriend. Thank you everyone for all you have given me during these four years!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay RACHEL! We never thought you'd make it!

Just kidding, I love you very much and enjoyed this post.

To think my older sister is so much more grown up now... :)

LOVE YOU! Deedee