Saturday, June 02, 2007

4 months!

Hello all, well now that its June already, I should probably post again.
I now have two weeks in at my first real job. I've just been in the warehouse so far, training and learning how the company works...supposedly. It seems more like the warehouse workers just give me the jobs that no-one else wants to do. Oh well, its only another week or two then I'll be up in the office. After the warehouse, I go to sales for a month or so, then to purchasing for a month and hopefully then to Project Manager, the job I was hired to do! But its really not so bad, 10 hours a day get kinda long being on your feet, I certainly wasn't used to it, but I'm getting there, not near as tired as I used to be. Somedays it isn't just my legs though, somedays I lift a lot of weight throughout the day. Yesterday for example, we recieved a container filled with radiators from Ireland. Some of these radiators weigh 80-90 pounds. Well, there were probably 200+ radiators in this container and I lifted about half of them out of there. I'm not trying to brag, but I feel like I've been lifting weights all day when I get out of there somedays! Its good for me though I suppose.
But on another note, Rachel and I have been together for four months now, thats a third of a year! Things are going great, its harder being away from her, I really miss her, but things are going good and she'll be out here shortly. We used to see each other 3-4 times a day, now nothing for three weeks, and another 6 weeks to go! But I'm just thankful that we both are willing to put up with this long distance and that she is moving back here in another month and a half! How exciting! Its been a great four months, to say the least!
Well I'm pretty exhausted. I walked 18 holes this morning, then I rollerbladed out to Sandy Hollow and back (8-9 miles) and now I'm just feeling like my legs are rubberbands.
Hope this finds everyone well. Sarah and Andrew, hope you are having fun in Hawaii, I'm jealous!
Good day!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Hah! You got a good workout this morning! That's a long way to rollerblade...and then walking 18 holes!? Man...what a rough life! :)

Rachel said...

wow.. 1/3 of a year sounds like a long time! :) its been a good four months !!