Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rejected.

Wow... that last post was very long, sorry about that! It just is so weird to be done with Dordt and trying to figure out my life.
Along with figuring out my life ( A JOB) comes two things I hate most in life: failure and rejection. I just got a call today saying that I did not get a job. It was one that I really did not even want, nor did I really try hard to get to. I didn't even expect to get it. However, after the call I was a little downcast... why did they not want to choose me? Am I not good enough? What did I do wrong? I did not even WANT the job, but the rejection of the job just made me SAD! However, I realized, as well put by the movie The Sound of Music, "When God shuts a door he opens a window." I just keep looking everyday online to see if a new job opens in Iowa that I might be able to take. I know God will provide for me eventually but it is hard waiting and being so uncertain of what the future will bring. Making money should not be a huge priority in my life, but it seems like everything I need involves money, which I do not have.

Other than that, I am staying at my dad's partner’s gorgeous house, watching their two boys. They are both in junior/ high school, so I do not need to do much for them, but make sure they are at and picked up from school in time, have meals, and are behaving. They are good boys so I really don't worry so much about them. I also get to drive around their 2007 Honda Accord, so that is nice to have a car available for me to use!

I am also having the dilemma of what to do!! I don't know how soon I can find a job in Iowa, if I should just settle in Washington and get a job, or should I wait just in case something opens up? Diane just got a job at Target, the DAY she applied, so I think I might just work there or the YMCA for a while. I'll have to see....I wish jobs were that easy to get in Iowa…

Other than that.. it is weird to have graduated!!!! It all worked out... I got a signed diploma! Here are some pictures from grad...





Now I get to spend time with my little boys and family. It has been so nice to get to see them, and see how much Patrick and Sammy have grown up!
Here are some pictures of my sweethearts!





Well, I guess the last one is not a nephew, but he is a sweetheart. I miss him like crazy:(

Well, that’s all for now. Please pray for me, I just feel overwhelmed and rejected.. well, I am not that bad but prayer would be helpful for me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachie! If you want to work at target you better apply soon - they are in the process of hiring 2-3 more people (I am probably one of them)... and it's really easy.

Talk to me before you go, you are going to need to take some stuff with you before you apply.

Love you,
dee dee

Josh Fey said...

Hey, Rach... I can tell you, it's hard to be rejected for a job, but it happens. I cannot tell you how many jobs I was rejected for... it's a lot. It's hard to know why it happens, but don't worry, there are always other jobs. God has that perfect job for you, and this is just one of the ways He is telling you to keep on looking and trusting in Him. One summer I didn't get a job at Walmart and I was sooo bummed, but a week or two after, I got the most AWESOME management internship at Walgreens, which made working at Walmart look dinky in comparison. So keep your chin up! You'll find something!

~SARAH~

Sarah said...

Oops, sorry, I was logged in as you accidentally!

Anonymous said...

hey hey good lookin, whatcha got cookin? how about cooking something up with me?
-ur secret admirer

Anonymous said...

whoa! who's the creepo posting as "secret admirer". he's going down. don't worry, it will all work out, just have faith and keep praying, i know i will.
well, see you soon (hopefully), and i'll talk to you shortly
-josh

Anonymous said...

oh rachel! I am so sorry about the job sitch! But I am so sure you will find something soon! you are so awesome and smart so keep your chin up and keep looking for those Iowa jobs! otherwise you can buy Curves with me remember? and we can open up a wellness center! then we can employ ourselves...what could be better?? talk care rachel I miss ya, I should call you sometime soon!