Tuesday, July 01, 2008

White paint

So.. I decided I am dating an awesome guy :) ( I knew it before.. but I am even more convinced !)

Alex has been doing some yard renovations and putting in a new fence and making his house look nice. So he has been busy pulling out bushes, powerwashing his house and deck, and doing a bunch of stuff. So I thought I would help him while he is really busy putting in his fence. He had me painting his window white and staining the wood around his deck.


So today his friend's wife, Beth, was helping me and I was so into talking to her I did not see where I was going and I backed into the paint can.. which HAD to be open and I knocked the whole thing over this brick porch! AH!!! Beth and I scooped up the paint with our hands and saved a lot.. but there was a HUGE white spot on his deck. I waited anxiously as the guys went to get him from the skid loader to see what his lovely girl had done. He just looked at it and laughed.... said there was no use getting mad at that..! He just is going to powerwash his deck again to get it off! He could have gotten mad at the situation.... but he is awesome :) .

It was pretty funny.. all the other guys there had a good laugh! Thank goodness Alex is such an easy going guy and does not get angry easy!!

So anyone want me to do some home painting for them???

2 comments:

Aunt Karen said...

What a test for your relationship! When Stephen & I were painting our house in Vancouver, I was up on a step ladder with a 5 gal can of paint. I didn't only spill the entire can on the patio, but all over me! I yelled for Stephen to hose me down, which he did, but he didn't think the situation was funny at all....

Anonymous said...

no worries rachel! I love this post, I had to have a little laugh about it! Mostly because I am a lot like you and I when I am having conversations with other people I tend to get distracted too;)!!I know you are a GR-eat painter! Remember all those days we worked long hours to paint the bj haan ?? best work I have ever seen!