Sunday, October 07, 2007

The ins and outs

This weekend:

- I got to go farming again! I went about a year ago.. and I went back this weekend! I rode in the combine with my friends dad for about 2 hours! Me and him have a good time.! It was fun because he was combining a hilly corn field .. and it was kinda scary! It was a relaxing time riding in the John Deere!

- I got to do my most FAVORITE THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD! I went camping with a couple of my friends. We had a big bon fire and "slept" in the tent. Even though I did not get any sleep.. I think one hour.. . The stars where BEAUTIFUL .. you could see millions and millions and also the weather was SO nice that I did not even need blankets really! It was really fun and I was excited that I got to go camping!

-Then the next day.... I had to work ... 11-7 and I was SO tired and BORED! Saturdays are really slow.. so I ended up scrubbing all the cupboards, shelves, carts, and counters. Oh well at least it is clean for when state comes this month!


-I also worked today. I feel really bad working on Sunday.. because it is the Lord's day and it is the day of rest. Then I think... this is a job of necessity.. patients NEED to eat on Sundays... just like they need their doctors and nurses on Sunday. Or am I just trying to rationalize this and make it seem like it is alright when it really is not? I just hate it and it tears me up inside. I just can't wait until I get my real job and WON'T have to work on Sunday!!

- Also.. today I realized that I am going to be done with college when I am 24 years old... 24!!! That is so old... man. even though it is really not.. but think of all those years in school.. wow.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, Rach,

About working on Sunday... it's not like you're working at McDonalds or some other job that does not need to be done on a Sunday. You're doing a job for people that depend on your help because they cannot do things on their own. What would happen if there was no one to care for these patients on certain days? It would be horrible! What you're doing falls under what the Shorter Catechism calls "works of necessity and mercy", and God knows how much your patients need your help.

Love you!

ShannonBouma said...

Hey rachel!
I am not good at the blog thing, but I found a link from facebook to look at your blog, but how do you look at pictures? Are there pictures on here, or am I just dumb? man rach, I miss hanging out with you, I am lost with out you!!