Wednesday, October 03, 2007

hrmm.. I dont know what to think

Today:
someone closed a door on my middle three fingers and smashed them very hard, then I scratched myself on a metal gate and made a big gash in my skin. ouch I am not doing very well today.

Then in class we were learning about ICU conditions in caring for patients. So with this we have to learn all the tubes and gadgets that are inserted into people to have a feel for what we are dealing with in that situation. I got so grossed out... like one of them went through the jugular vein and into the atrial in the heart of something and man.. BLAH!! If you don't know..I get so grossed out of veins.. can't look at them... really talk about them,, think about them?? I dunno what is wrong with me but I hope I get over this fast!!

Also at the nursing home one of the ladies died. I know this is a normal part of life.. but it is so sad because her room was right next to where i worked.. and I would always look in and wave at her. Then today her family came in to pick up some of her stuff and I was so sad to see them come in and just break down in tears. Then that got me to thinking.... how lonely would it be to die all alone. The said she died in her sleep but what happens if she was really awake and was really alone as she died. No one to hold her hand, no one to say good bye to , no one to share her last minutes on earth with? I dunno.. just a thought.. it just kinda made me sad today as I saw her family as they morned over her death.

What a different day..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Rachel. I am sorry about all the ouchies that you received today. It sounds like you are getting a pretty good taste of Dad's world of medicine as well as your mom's past world of nursing.

Anonymous said...

Hi RAchel - we rode past your place last week trying to locate it by the landmark tower, but didn't succeed. We thought we might see your little "Lucy", but didn't. Hope things are going well for you. Sorry about your sad day today. Jan F.

Kyle said...

Oh Rachel! That's too bad about your day! Was it your right or left hand that got smashed? Can you still write well and stuff? I hope your weekend goes well!