Friday, April 04, 2008

Near Death

Today I decided to be a good owner to my fish and clean out their tank ( which is a plastic pickle jar!! ) . So I got it all cleaned out and was trying to get them in their clean tank and all the sudden PLOP. The fish jumped out of the net and was flopping on the bathroom counter!!!! I freaked out and had trouble picking up the poor guy to put him back in his container, but after a few seconds he was back and safe in his little tank. I thought he was going to die of shock but he seems to be doing well, so I am very glad I did not kill the thing.


Also in class we are learning the hip joint and the muscles and ligaments surrounding it. In order to learn them well we have to practice finding them on our partner... and with this chapter it requires a little bit of unconformable touching of the hip region and its surroundings. So my partner Traci was feeling my glut max which had a connection to the tail bone so she had to find the tail bone on me. I knew she had found it when all the sudden she screamed and turned red! My tail bone is more tail like than other peoples because it actually curves around and pokes out of my skin, and she was not expecting to find a sharp pointy thing in that region. So the WHOLE class came through and felt my tail bone and oh course they all gasped as they felt it because it is so weird.


Then the next day the teacher was taking about the knee and how when someone does not shave their knee well then their knee has bangs. We all thought that was funny because we never heard it put that way. Then we thought we heard her say "Well nothing is worse than having bony tail!" ( Keep in mind she had no idea about the previous class and did not know about my tail bone.) I turned red and was like... "I have a bony tail!!" as the rest of the class was absolutely dying of laugher because they all heard the same thing. The teacher started at me in confusing as she looked at my knees ( I was wearing shorts) and said "No you don't, I don't see any pony tail on your knee!" The class all mis heard her and she really said PONY tail.....

We all had a good laugh over that..... and I am positive the class will never forget me because of my tail.


Well those are some good stories from the week.... It was not the best week because I got sick and lost my voice. It was really hard from me then not to talk.... so I am getting over this sickness!

I hope everyone has a good week and love you all :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

you and your tail, I tell you. I'm sure it's quite an experience to have a ton of people grabbing at your butt for an actual class ;o)

Anonymous said...

Dear Rachel;
It's okay to have an everted coccyx. Most peoples' coccyx curls in, but your curls out. It helps the chiropractor find the bottom of your vertebral column. I'm glad to see that you are enjoying your classes. Keep it up.
Vater