Friday, April 18, 2008

Bad Touch

So it all started out last September when my co-workers gave me two little goldfish who I kept in a small plastic pickle jar. I figured why spend the money on the foo-foo stuff for the fish if they were just going to die within the month. However, much to my surprise, they kept living! So I thought it was about time to buy them a bigger tank, with the filter, rocks, tank decorations, and a couple more friends to hang out with.

Well... it all started when the next morning I woke up and one of my new fish was dead! I was sad and just figured it was probably from the trauma of moving and the rest will be ok. Then a couple days ago I noticed the huge fish I just bought was being really lazy and was just laying at the bottom of the tank. His head was growing white and he had a big protrusion from his side.... which looked really weird. Well.. the next day he was floating... DEAD! I was just glad that it was not one of my original fish because I grew quite attached to them. However, this morning I woke up and one of them were DEAD!!!!!! I was quite angry... so I immediately transfered the two living ones to a new bowl and new water ( which was distilled and room temp so it was safe for them). I clean out the tank really well and put new water in it and waited until I got back from work to transfer them to the new clean tank (not that it was very dirty before I washed it!) Now the other one of my first fish is looking pretty grim... barely floating and a little lifeless. I have NO idea why they are dying.... do you think that one of the new fish could have had a disease?? I made sure to feel them enough but not too much.. their water has a filter and nothing else should be wrong with them! Does anyone know why my little fish are dying??
It makes me really sad :(

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

raches,

just as a comment (besides the facct that i had real fun reading through your blogs):
ANY animal (also besides gold fishes) will die when put into DESTILLED water! osmosis: all the salts - needed to stay alive - are migrating through their skin and those are absolutely needed to survive!!!

maybe you also restrain yourself from warming up the water above thr boiling point in order to make it cosy to them

uncle herbert