Saturday, April 26, 2008

Never know what you got.. until it is gone!

::::::::::::UPDATED:::::::::::

This is my friends and my broken hookah. I am so sad that we have to keep in it a bucket of water so that all the water does not drain out. It still works but hopefully I can save up money to get a new base ... because this is one of my favorite summertime pastimes!
This last week I have wanted to call my parents and ask their advice on several things.. however I realized that they were gone and unavailable to talk to because they are in Germany! I take advantage of the fact that I can call my parents whenever I want to talk to them... and they are there for me whenever I need them. So all in all, I love you parents and I am glad they are coming home soon! I miss you :(

One thing that I needed their advice on was a job situation. I had an interview at a nursing home where they are offering me full time hours being a CNA as well as a restorative aide. This is sort of my dream job for the time being before I am an actual PTA. My job would involve being creative in helping the residence with their exercises, incorporating them into their everyday life.. instead of having an extra time for exercise. However the hours I would do the CNA would be the 3 pm to 11 and the 11 pm to 7 am shifts... not the most desirable times to work. BUT .. if I do the 11 to 7 am shifts I can stay four more hours and get my restorative aide stuff in so I would not have to come as much. It's a hard toss up to switch jobs, but I feel like God is leading me to this.. and get practice in my field. I am going to miss the free food, my coworkers, and I am not quite sure how I am going to tell my boss, but I am sure they are all going to understand.

Also, things with Alex are going well. :) He is such a sweet guy and makes me smile.

Also... Today I pulled out the hookah for the first time this year! HOWEVER... the base of the glass part broke off!!!! So we tried to super glue it... but it still had leaks so we just put it in a bucket with the water levels the same so that the water did not leak out. I am going to have to buy a new glass vase/ base for my hookah.. but for the time being it was fun sitting on the porch with my friends and smoking it again!

Anyways.. I hope everyone is in good health and doing well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I've missed talking to you too. Had a great time in Germany and Austria. Give us a call sometime soon! MOM

Anonymous said...

Rachel;
You can get a new Hookah base for cheap at http://www.hookah-shisha.com/ . Just make sure you get the right size (not the mini). It's nice to hear you are doing well. Don't work too hard.
Vater

Sarah said...

poooooor rachel. We still have a hookah you can use.

come visit, come visit, come visit, come visit!!!!! SOOOOOOON!