Saturday, January 05, 2008

A little girl stole my heart

One of my co-workers ( an older, widowed lady) just got two foster children ages 3 and 5. The little kids have been homeless, living on the streets with their druggie mother, and sexually and physically abused until July when they were placed into a foster home. However, the other home they were at could not take them anymore so they ended up here. Well my co worker had to work early on Sat. morning so I offered to watch the kids while she had to work. They are really cute kids ( a lot of energy!) but we had fun playing together.. especially since the weather was warmer ( 40*!!!!!) Then we came into eat and the little girl was eager to pray before we ate. I let her pray and she prayed for her mom and she said " Please help mommy to stop using drugs so we can go home" .. and it broke my heart. I asked her if she prayed for her a lot and she said that she often goes to her room alone and prays that her mom would stop using the drugs. It just breaks my heart.. Then I had to put the little boy down for a nap he started cry saying that he wanted to go home and that he wanted his mom. :( It just was so sad to me all the kids had to put up with for the first 5 and 3 years of life. It also made me so sad when the little girl told me that she wished that I could be her mom :( It makes me want to have foster kids someday so that I can help them and show them the love that they deserve.

Anyways, other than that my weekend has been good. I have an early morning tomorrow at 5:30 so that should be really fun :S ! I hope everyone is doing well !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, how sad that those two young children have such a hard existence at such a young age. That was so sweet of you to offer to babysit. This is only one of the many things I love about you- your willingness to help others in need. Thank you for showing God's love and care to others. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Rachel;
You stole my heart the day you were born. You are so precious.
Vater