Tuesday, January 29, 2008

FROZEN IN IOWA

Today the wind chill was about -50*!!!!!!

So this morning my carpool buddy sent me a text message on my phone:
Traci: Want me to drive today?
Me: Is it icy?
Traci: I dont think so, but it does look really scary out there!
Me: Ok you can drive!


What a good person to carpool with.. or maybe she was just scared for her life with me driving in the VERY windy 0 visibility weather ( due to blowing snow!!)

We made it half way to school, where we met our other carpool buddies- and then had to make a tough decision: to go on or go home! I called up my professor then and asked her if it was alright if we did not come and she was like " Turn around, I don't want you to hurt yourself."

So we spent 15 mins in the parking lot trying to decide what we were going to do.. brave the weather and go to school or go home. I really wanted to go to school and we decided that we best not miss class.. so we made the final trek to school.

It was a good day and I am glad we went. When we came home at 3 today the weather was a bit windy, really cold, but we could actully see ahead of us!!

Anyways.. thought I would share the story with you all! It was weird because yesterday was really warm ( warm being 40*!) and now it is it SO cold!!!!

Hope you all are doing well... and if you can please keep my carpool buddy's mom in your prayers. She just found out she has a tumor the size of a football in her abdomen ( still unsure if it is cancer) and then she was just diagnosed with breast cancer this weekend. It is really hard on my friend... and her mom is younger, 51 y/o, with younger siblings.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rach, I am glad you made it safely back from school. How scary to have blowing snow. I will keep your friend's mom in my prayers. Love, MOM