Saturday, June 16, 2007

Life...

...has been busy! I have been working many hours at the urology office... learning some interesting things about that part of the body! I recently told my old high school teacher (good old Mr. Bond for all that know him) and his response was "WHAT??? You work there??? Could you not find anywhere better to work???". Well, it helps that it is part of my dad's business... but I also find it fun. The people there are fun, and keep me constantly laughing as I work. What really struck me though is that it is weird not being in a thoroughly Christian environment. It seemed like at Dordt, everyone was Christian and would abide by the same life standards as I do. Now, I am being confronted with questions like..."Why don't you live with your boyfriend?" and other such questions and I have no idea what to say. I don't want to make it look like I am better than everyone... but I do want them to know why I think it is not right. However, its been interesting and good. One of the ladies there told me,"Rachel, there is something I really like about you... I don't know what but there is just something." I really wanted to tell her it was because I am a Christian and that affects who I am, what I do, what I say, and how I act.


Other than that, life is good. I don't have to watch my nephews any more... which is nice. I love them to death, but it is a LOT of work. It is so hard when you are tied to the house with them and you can't do anything you need to. But now I miss seeing them often. :S

Today is Father's Day!!! (Happy Fathers Day, Dad!!) Over the last couple weeks I realized even more how much I respect my dad. While working in his office, its funny to hear the patients come in and talk about how great of a surgeon he is... and I just smile to myself and remember how great he really is. He is doing much better after his surgery. Not that he was doing bad before, but now he is eating much healthier and losing a lot of weight. Its good to see this!

Well, I better get going... sorry no pictures to show. Hope you all had a good weekend!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, Rach, just wait until you have kids and then you'll really have no life!!! HAHAHAHAHA! Oh the joys of parenthood ;o)

~SARAH~