Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The long awaited return








Hello all, its Josh, posting for the first time in quite a while.
Well, break is now officially over and classes have officially resumed, which all means that I am officially almost graduated. Something like 6 weeks of classes and 1 week of exams until I am done with my undergraduate work. Still seems like a fairly long time to me, but I'm sure it will fly by all too quickly.
But on a happier note, I had an AWESOME spring break. We left on Wednesday the 14th and flew out to visit Rachel's family. It was a lot of fun. We stayed at her Sarah and Andrew's, played with Sammy and Patrick a lot, hung out with the family, and saw some of the sights in the area. I won't bore you with all the details, since most of you already know the details much better than I could succinctly express them.
Favorite memories from the trip: smoking my first cigar (Cuban - Cohiba), going to the zoo with Rach and Patrick, The Cheesecake Factory and trying to figure out how to get cheesecake without nuts, heated and tense games of Settlers, Outburst!, and Cranium, my rediscovered love of Warheads!, my newly discovered dislike of chocolate lollypops, changing my first diaper (ever), and seeing Caleb and Kyle and Lori, just to name a few. I'm sure I forgot some, hopefully Rach will notice my mistake and correct me.
It was a great break, my mind got a much needed break from the constant overstimulation from the previous 2 months.
Hard to believe college is almost over. It hardly seems like 3.5 years ago I was a meager freshman trying to fit in to this vastly different environment, choking down Mexican night at the commons, cramming for my first Calculus and Physics exams, and mastering the wonderful world of Halo (for those of you who don't know Halo, shame on you). So much has changed since then, most all of it for the better. I've learned a TON, made a lot of new friendships, and met a wonderful girl who, sadly, doesn't live in the midwest (what are the chances of that at Dordt anyways?).
Well, as fun as reminiscing has been, I need to round up some more items for Hope Haven's auction. I wish you all a wonderful week, sorry for the lack of posting. And to Rachel's family; I had a wonderful time meeting you all, thanks for the marvelous time, I can only hope that I will see you again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh! We enjoyed getting to know you during spring break. Looking forward to seeing you and Rachel at graduation. God Bless, Rachel's MOM and DAD

Sarah said...

I love those pictures of you two with all the cute little boys... I have to say that between the both of you, you two have the three cutest nephews on the planet!

~SARAH~

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel - I love all the pictures! Thanks again for all the Washington goodies - the scones, jams and tea - and some "ting" to drink! I had some marionberry jam on my toast this morning - Mmmm.... Jan

Jess said...

awwwwwww!
man have I ever been away from life lately!! i didn't even know u VACATIONED together -- i tell ya :D
aww, 2 cute!
i luv you !! miss ya tons