Monday, March 05, 2007

"Every mile a memory"






Hello All :)
Well, this was quite the weekend. On Friday, everyone was basically stuck at Dordt because the roads were so bad. I had no work because there were only two children in the whole daycare for the day... so I got the day off. Laura and I decided to go to coffee, however, the college coffee shop was not open yet so we walked about a mile to the nice coffee shop that Sioux center just got and we enjoyed a nice cookie milkshake. Then we walked to the store and got the stuff to make taco salad, then came home. However Laura was called to work and the fire chief had to come pick her up in his truck because the roads were so bad. SO the rest of Friday I spent with the girls, playing games and watching movies and also doing homework to prepare for the real highlight of the weekend... going to Lincoln!!!

Sat. morning Josh and I woke up early. Well if you can call 6 early... to get picked up by his parents to start our trek to Lincoln. However, it was a little iffy if we were really going to go since the roads were so bad and a lot of the highways were actually closed. When the parents got here we went to eat and decide if we should really go, and of course we decided to risk it. After 6 hours (which is supposed to only be 3) and 136 cars in the ditch. we finally made it to Lincoln!! I got to meet Kyle (Josh’s brother), Lori (sister in law) and nephew (Caleb), who are all awesome people. Caleb is VERY cute and he is so lucky to have awesome parents! We had an enjoyable time there. We played games (which Josh and I won one of them!!) and went to eat at very good restaurants. The hotel we stayed at was really awesome also. It was a suite that had a loft with a sweet queen sized bed with suede covers and pillows and its own bathroom. The downstairs had a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom (for the parents) and a TV room and couch (for josh to sleep on. Sorry Josh!)

On Sunday we went to Kyle and Lori's church. They attend a PCA church (which is my denomination) and to my surprise Elijah Williams, one of my friends in high school, also attendes this church!! What small world!!

In all, the trip was awesome. I am so glad I was able to come... and Josh's parents were so sweet to me and treated me out to all my meals, which was so kind of them. It was fun to meet Kyle and Lori (and of course Caleb!!) and I look forward to seeing them again soon!!!!

Now this week won’t be too much fun.. I have 2 tests, one in physics and the other will be an easier one.. so I am not too worried about it. I will spend all week studying though.. super fun...!

Well here are pictures... hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the baby's expression in the second picture. I think he's a little confused as to what is going on!

~SARAH~

Lori said...

It was so good to have you over! I can't wait to see you again in a couple weeks!
(By the way, I think I might have your black pants here. I'll bring them when we come on Saturday.)