Thursday, January 22, 2009

busy bee

Hello everyone~

Just thought I would give a quick update! I started my clinicals at the Sioux Center Hospital and I really enjoy it! I love talking to the patients and being able to actually do things!!! The therapists often let me teach the exercises to the patients and get to do their ultrasound and electrical stimulation set up. It feels good to be trusted by them and able to actually do it instead of sit there and feel like a dumb dumb! It has been really fun so far and I am glad to be able to go this!
However now that I am in clincials, work hours have gone down terribly. I have worked it would with my clinical instuctor that I can leave early for the days I have to work so that I can get there in time. The thing that stinks though is that the hours avalible are not on my usual hallway, so I do not get to see my favorite residents as often :(

Other things are going well... besides the fact that Iowa is FREEZING!! Last week I think it got down to -27* ! It was bitter cold and I did not enjoy it. However, spring is coming more in sight :)

Thinks with Alex are so good :) I love him so much! He is pretty much amazing and more than I could ever ask for in a guy !

Anyways, I am past my bed time and I still have a paper to write! Ahh!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel;
It's so nice to hear that things are going well with you. You are getting so close to being done. Don't get discouraged by the global warming.
Vater