Monday, November 17, 2008

life goes on...

Helloo all!


Life has been busy as usual!
Lately my time has been spent doing something exciting! Alex's house is a little out dated.... with wall paper everywhere, outdated light fixtures, and a lack of a nicely decorated living room. So we solved this the last couple weeks! We removed three rooms of wall paper, painted, and totally re-did his whole living room... getting new furniture, wall decorations, and curtains! It looks SO nice now!!! We have a couple touch ups in the bathroom then it will be done! We are then going to have a bunch of people over to check out the new house. The one thing I regret is that I did not take before pictures, however I will take a couple snap shots when it is all done! It was so much fun doing this with Alex :) It is amazing how well we get along and how easy it is to be with him, I just love him so much !

Anyways.. besides that... Work has been good.. a little crazy. Last week I really wish I did not work there. Basically a man with end stage congestive heart failure and renal failure decided to take himself to the bathroom and fell in the TINY bathroom. We could not get him up for the life of us ( he was really tall and about 300 lbs) .. and time was running out... his lips were turning blue. I was kneeling in front of him holding his trunk up with all my strength urging him to breath deep.. and by the time we got him up and in his chair by myself and three men, his eyes were rolling in the back of his head. He was full code... so we had to do all we could to revive him. I called 911, flagged in the EMTs and watched as they frantically shocked him and gave him CPR... even doing compressions as they ran out out the door. It was so unbelievably hard on us to see this.... and did not make for a good afternoon. He ended up dying that day :( Things like that make me sad to work at that nursing home, but also thankful that I know I did everything I could to make his last days good. I am not sure but I think I was the last person that man saw and talked to :(

Other than that.. it is getting cooler ... school is winding down and life is just awesome :) I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

oh wow, sounds like you're doing a quite a bit of home-making...maybe it'll be your place someday? hehe :-) ;-)

Aunt Karen said...

Don't forget to invite me to your wedding!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Rachel;
Thanks for the update. It's nice to hear from you. As long as you are in the medical profession or a related field, you will have people die on you. It sounds like you did the best you could. Just keep your weight down. If you get up to 300 lbs., nobody will be able to fish you out of a small closet. Hang in there, sweety.
Vater

Betsy said...

Can't wait to see the after pictures. In my mind, I can still remember the before pictures. So you got rid of the funeral looking drapes????