Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful

As a think about thanksgiving and all I have to be thankful for ....I realize I am a pretty lucky girl!

However yesterday I was really thankful for my work. It was my holiday to work so I just figured I was scheduled to work... so early this week I was shocked to find out that I was not scheduled. So I went around asking everyone who was working if they would like me to work for them. I figured everyone else has family and kids and I know how important it is for them to be with their loved ones on this holiday. It was not long until if found somewhere to work.

It was SO much fun waking the residents and telling them "Happy Thankgiving!!" and watched them surprised and say.." Oh! Its already that time of year!?!?!" It was just an awesome relaxing day... played some music and just was such a cheerful atmosphere! For dinner we made one huge table out of the square tables and had one huge family all together. It was just so fun.. I love those residents with my whole heart and I am glad I got to make up for the lack of family many of them have. I really wish I could post pictures up of our time together.. but that would probably be breaking some kinda HIPPA law so I refrained from doing so!

Then I got to to go Alex's family thanksgiving and stayed around for a few hours and tired to put a puzzle together! It was fun... his family is so kind to me and I am so thankful fo them.


Then to top the night Alex and I snuggled up on the couch and watched my most favorite movie, Love Actually. :)

It was a good thanksiving :) I have so much to be thankful for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you!!! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Love you. MOM

Anonymous said...

Rachel;
If you are just a "lucky" girl, then you have nothing to be thankful for except to fate itself. I would describe you as "blessed".
Vater

Sarah said...

i hear you went over to the dark side and got yourself a cat. I no longer consider you my sister :-P