Monday, June 16, 2008

My Life..

My life is CRAZY! However, I love it. Now that I am a "super CNA" ( Thats what the other workers call me at the nursing home because I passed the test without taking the CNA class) .. I realized how much work it is to take care of someone. The smells, the views, the other side of people that you lucky people don't have to see... often make me wonder what the heck I am doing. But then I think... some day this might be my parents or even me and I want someone giving me the same care that I give these people. It puts a whole new spin on care taking.... so I don't complain when someone is wet and I have to change them... or they puke all over the nice shirt I just struggled to put on them. They often apologize for needing to be changed and not being able to take care of themselves.. and I just look at them and tell them it is my pleasure to be able to work with them. So often I see people jerking people around to get them done fast.. and it makes me sad to see this. I want to work my hardest to show the residents in the nursing home the same love I hope people showed my grandma and my other loved ones who may have to be in a nursing home. Trust me... I am also no perfect... I do cringe sometimes when I finally get to sit down and someone HAS to pull their light ... but oh well its my job!

ANOTHER WEIRD THING!! I met someone who went to school with my GRANDPA!!! He knew all million kids that were in my gpa's family! Just made me laugh because I really never think that I do have roots in Iowa... but this is just proof again of my humble roots in the northwest Iowa area!


Other than that.... life has been good. Tonight I get to go to a Sioux Center Commerce banquet with Alex.. which should be fun. I guess they are going to serve really good food so I am excited about that! Its funny.. Alex told me about the Steak frys that the Sioux Center firemen put on for the fire fighters and their families... and now they decided to have one soon called the "meet Alex's girlfriend Steak fry!" That should be fun... kinda fun meeting a whole new group of people and having such a special occasion kinda dedicated to me :S

The weather has been really nice... we are not drowning here in Iowa like the news might portray.. and thankfully no tornadoes have hit! I do get a little scared without a TV to get the updated weather announcements if bad weather is on its way.. however all my friends promised to call me and tell me to get in the basement if need be!

1 comments:

Betsy said...

Hi Rachel! I will try to mail some of my scrubs to you soon. Looking forward to having you come home sometime this summer. MOM