Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Busy busy busy week!

Hello All :)
Hope everyone is doing well! This week has been a REALLY busy week for me... I quit one job, started another, had several friends fly to town early for a wedding and stay with me, moved from one house to another, passed the CNA exam and became a CNA, and went to one of my friend's wedding! It was terribly busy and my house is a MESS, however I am thankful for all the help I received from my friends and Alex in this move! While I was at work Pam would work hard organizing the down stairs of my house so I would have a little bit of a normal place to live. Thank goodness for Alex's big truck which was able to outdo little Lucy's carrying abilities!

My new job is AWESOME!!!! I get to start the restorative program for the residents so I was able to go with their care plans and visit everyone and evaluate them and the current exercise program they are on and if it is being carried out correctly. I did not make it through all the 60 some residents of the nursing home, but I greatly enjoy taking the time and talking to them. I tell them about my self and the importance of exercise for the elderly and tell them how much fun we are going to have with our one on one exercise sessions. Then I learn about them, what they like to do, who they are, and just random things! Seriously, I don't think I should be paid for this because it is so much fun and I love it!

Well tonight is my first 11 pm- 7am CNA shift. I am a little bit nervous that I am going to be dead tired.. but I plan on drinking lots of coffee and taking a nap before I go out. It won't be too bad I hope!! I also passed the CNA exam without taking the 75 hour course... and just studying for 3 hours!!!!!! I was SO excited!!

Things with Mr. Alex are good :) He makes me smile so much. Yesterday we finally got to see each other without a huge crowd of people and when he went home my cheeks hurt from smiling too much :) I don't know if I mentioned that I met his family last Sunday~ they are very nice people! I realized that one of his cousins are realized to my Aunt Emma Gerber! When we started making these connections I was a little worried I would find out that we where related, and thankfully we are not!!!!! It was good to meet them, family is an important part of a relationship and I think that I can get along with them quite well :)

My friend Lynae got married this weekend. It was a pretty wedding, got to see some old friends and it was good. We all stayed at this camping resort and stayed in a 11 person hotel room. It was fun... good bonding time with the girls :)
We all went put put golfing on Memorial day , while we were waiting for Laura to come in . It was a lot of fun.. we all are bad golfers so it made everything in good fun :) Waiting for Laura... Alex is special so he gets the wheelchair... :)

First meal in the new house... note.. no chairs!!!! AHHHH
My girls :)
All my friends doing the signature "Rachel dance" :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Rachel, I hope things go well for you tonight. I was a CNA that worked the night shift before I became a nurse. They are going to love you!!!! MOM

Anonymous said...

I don't know why Sarah's name appeared on my comment. Someone has been using my computer! MOM

Amy said...

Hey Rachel! Sounds like you are one busy girl! Hope your new jobs turn out well for you. It's fun to see what you are up to.

Anonymous said...

Crazy, I think Alex was my old boss at the Pizza Ranch in SC. He always called me "That 70s Show" because of my hair. Funny stuff! Tell him "hi" from me.