Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall



Sorry it has been a long time since I have posted. I have been so busy it has been crazy, but the craziness stems from all good stuff so I have nothing to complain about!

Well first and foremost, the wedding plans are going well. All the big things are done and now we just have to figure out some smalls things and send out the invites! I am so surprised how many of my friends are flying in from wherever to come to the wedding, it is such a blessing to be loved by so many people. My future mother in law and I just went to a lady in town that does decoartions for our Iowa reception and we picked everything out for that and it is going to look BEAUTIFUL! I wish this lady can come help me in Washington. However, I am VERY VERY thankful for my mom and sister Sarah who have been working hard to help me with everything there. It gets so easy to take for granted all they do.... but I really am thankful. My brother in law is actually making us our own website which will later by our future blog! So look forward to that everyone!

Alex and I went to washington in sept and we had a good time. My nephews loved him and he loved them so that was fun to see. We had a good time, but I am thankful that I don't have to live with the city driving, and I think Alex is thankful he does not have to live with me a backseat driver! We got to talk with my pastor which was very good, he had good things to say regarding marriage and our future life together.

Another blessing is that I got a job as a PTA! It will be a full time job in Orange City which is about 10 mins away from Sioux Center. The man that owns it has been very blessed with his business growing into 3 other different towns, and I will also be helping out at another facility in Hawarden Iowa. He is so kind and very family oriented and he even gave me my 3 weeks off for my wedding! :) Now I just have to take my boards on next week which I am VERY nervous about. It is scary and hopefully I pass!!!!!!!!!

But on the flip hand I am very sad to be leaving my nursing home. My residents are mad at me but they understand that I have to go. Its so weird leaving them.. its like leaving part of your life and family behind. Seriously, I have never imagined how much I would have grown so close to many of my residents and their family. I told them that I would continue to visit them as long as they still remember me. :) I even decided that on Sundays when Alex and I go to church in Rock Valley we will have to either stop by before evening church or after morning church!

also speaking of losing family, Diane will be moving back to Washington this month :( I am sad about it but ya.. I understand she needs to get on with her life and i will be ditching her soon to live with Alex. She was so nice to me last night, I was puking ( I think I had food poisoning ) and she went late at night to get me some medicine and 7 up! But she has been fun to live with and I am very thankful for my sister.

Another nice thing was that Alex bought a new car for me to drive in the winter with the snow and ice that would handle a little better and would be safer than my little car. We got a 2005.5 Audi , black, beautiful , all wheel drive, only 38,000 miles, and most of all GERMAN! Alex loves it so much, he is used to a pickup truck which he has to drive for work, so he loves his car.

Well I will end with a couple pictures,,,, well... Sarah pictures of my little nephews. They are so cute and so smart. I miss them... the make me smile :)

1 comments:

Diane said...

I <3 You rachie.